My experience of upgrading to Intel Core i3 10105F (10th Gen Processor)

So i have finally upgraded my pc to a newer Intel Platform, although it's 3 generations but still the price i got it for was really good and modern 4c/8t CPUs are enough for 1080p gaming for next couple of years atleast, assuming you want game at 60fps and i have a 60hz monitor anyway.

I was looking for the best deals i could find online, i tried many sites like Amazon, PrimeABGB, MDComputers, VedantComputers, theITdepot and even some not so known ones like StarComp which was offering a better motherboard for ₹500 less but i wasn't sure if it would be trustworthy so i went with an Asrock H470M-HDV motherboard that costed me ₹5,000 which i thought was a decent price for the quality and features it has, only downside is it doesn't have an m.2 slot which could have been quite useful for future NVMe SSD upgrade so currently for a while i would keep my SATA SSD.

The CPU was a even better deal considering the cheapest i3 10th gen online at that time that too amazon so without any 2nd thought i bought the cpu as well the next day when it was a deal price which finally went i bought it, it was listed for ₹6,450 and bank offer made it even better with ₹600 off making it effectively cost only ₹5,850. 

So overall, under the under the budget of 12k i saved ₹1,150. I consider this deal a good value for money propagation, Intel is the new AMD nowadays, atleast in the lowend to midrange market. I am quite happy with this upgrade, i bought it much earlier than i actually thought i could because i managed save up enough way before i was expecting to. I am really happy with this upgrade, nothing can beat it at this price brand new so i am happy especially considering the cpu price was which really good and Mobo price was okayish too.

I have already posted a TLOU benchmark video on my channel after upgrade and CPU usage barely reaches 50% which suggests huge GPU bottleneck. That is to be expected because i have an more than a 6 year old aging entry level 1050 Ti GPU though despite low cinematic 30fps gave me smooth experience after some recent major updates.

Comments